Monday, May 31, 2010

Volcanic eruptions, tropical storms, and NO pan dulce; oh my!

I have since learned, all the rain was hurricane Agatha making her way to Guatemala. I have been watching the news with my host family. It was really sad to see all the destroyed houses and streets. Looks like Guatemala will be spending a lot of time cleaning up. I was fortunate enough to only have to put up with heavy rain and power outage in my town. There is a lot of mud in the streets, though still. I can only imagine (and have been able to see some) how bad it is where the storm really hit. Losing power on Saturday night interfered with all the pan dulce baking, so we had none at all yesterday. But Doña Marina made arroz con leche for dinner last night, so that helped. It's delicious (one of my new favorite foods)!! And she puts lots of cinnamon in hers. Waiting for some roads to get cleaned up, so we can get back to our busy training schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment